This is a service where therapists help parents and caretakers to work together to manage their children’s behavior and optimize their children’s social, emotional, and academic development. Common topics may include: managing sibling rivalry, decreasing tantrums, or alleviating homework struggles. Our therapists are specially trained in child development as well as parenting approaches and techniques, and will take into account your family’s specific values, circumstances, and strengths as they work with you to support your parenting.
For a more detailed description of the nature of parenting consultations, please read our topic, The Power of the Parenting Consult.
To inquire about scheduling a parenting consult, please call 301-466-9526 or email us at email@example.com.
Our blog posts related to parenting consultations:
- From Crying to Trying: Tools for Managing Perfectionism
- Coping with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Helping Your Child Weather Their Emotional Storms (and Packing An Umbrella for Yourself Too!)
- Fostering Growth in Others
- How to Support Children who Identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Questioning